Friday, January 7, 2011

HOME

What does HOME have to do with a worship pastor. Many for this worship pastor. Home is where my heart is and I am thankful for my 18 years at 12407 Mount Olive Road. Here is my timline for home

April 5, 1981 - August 1, 1999 Coker, Alabama
August 1, 1999- October 2008 University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL, Millry
October 2008- April 2010 Northport, AL Which for my readers is 10 minutes from Coker

At present my HOME is Mobile, Al and since leaving home back to Mobile have been on a learning journey, I have seen much how "life" effects worship, struggle, joy, pain, trouble, mess each situation adding to your personal worship. Personal worship time is very important, we as worship leaders become concerned, misguided, discouraged, ect, ect, about the worship enviroment on sunday, despite all that gathers itself to us during the week, we must model that daily worship time we have to the folks we lead, by simply facebooking or tweeting text message what a great personal worship, and rememeber you can't do on sunday what you are not doing through out the week. Engage in personal daily worship. What does this have to do with home? As cliche as it sounds I can always come home to the throne room of Christ, by His shed blood.

GO HOME,
Chris

No comments: