Thursday, January 13, 2011

2ND Chance






Today, I am reminded of the great preacher Jerry Falwell, a man of great faith and wisdom. He was also a man who believed not only in a 2nd chance but the 52nd chance as well. Falwell believed in the forgiveness of God Almighty and to keep working at it until you get it...I think as a minister I have finally gotten to a place where I understand and get the it... putting aside jealousies, being comfortable with who I am as a person, with my skill sets and abilities, I have not arrived by any meas, but I do get the it I have been searching for. To share my heart is simply this, there are positions I have messed up, there are thoughts I have had of others, but I am thankful for those situations, grief and strife, I finally get it , and it is to me a 15 year ministry milestone so what have I learned

1. People in general have issues eve church people
2. Ministers are called to love, no matter the issue
3. All those things you think and the roller coaster your mind is taking you, get off the crazy cycle
4. If you work hard you will succeed
5. it's ok to say you don't know how
6. The decisions of today, effect the consequences of tomorrow
7. Spend time with God daily and he will bless the prayer closet
8. Get over your past
9. Think before you speak
10. Less is best
11. it is what it is

Looking forward to a Second Chance Somewhere,
Chris

No comments: